Meet Dr. Brendan Armm, a Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Licensed Acupuncturist, Chinese Medicine Herbalist and Diplomate in Oriental Medicine. He has a Doctorate in Orthopedics, Pain Management, and Integrative Medicine Primary Care. He is also the Founder and Director of Lotus Integrative Medicine in Santa Monica, and a Professor at Emperor's College of Traditional Oriental Medicine in both their Masters Degree and Doctoral Degree Programs.
In this episode of the Awake and Thriving Podcast, Andria speaks with Dr. Armm on his journey from a firm western medicine believer to a practicing acupuncturist and Chinese medicine herbalist. He shares the process of diagnosis he uses to find a personalized method of treatment for each of his patients.
Listen in to learn the difference between Western and Chinese medicine, where they’re both rich and both lacking.
“It’s best to dig your well before you're thirsty”
What you will learn:
· [0:33] Intro
· [2:06] He talks about his education and his interest in acupuncture and integrative medicine.
· [8:06] He explains the difference between western medicine and Chinese herbal medicine.
· [13:13] He explains the process he uses to start with a first-time patient.
· [21:30] How they use tongue fur/ coating for diagnosis as part of Chinese medicine.
· [26:31] Why you should not be afraid of the needles used in acupuncture- the points vs needles.
· [30:45] The advantages and disadvantages of both western and Chinese medicine and how they can work together when integrated.
· [35:58] How to find a local acupuncturist even in the era of telemedicine.
· [37:35] The importance of meditation and the healing of nature as part of your general health.
· [40:53] He explains how he uses sound and aromatherapy personally and to incorporate it into his method of treatment.
· [43:06] Why it is easier to have a health partner to help support your journey.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brendanarmm
Dr. Brendan Armm's Online Supplement Store: https://us.fullscript.com/welcome/drarmm
Dr. Brendan Armm's BackInBand for Lower Back Pain: http://www.backinband.com
Where to find acupuncturists near you: https://www.acufinder.com/