Dr. Elizabeth Hughes is a Stanford-trained physician with more than 25 years of clinical
experience, , a certified yoga instructor, and an advanced PSYCH-K facilitator. For most of her career she believed that conventional medicine was the only effective method of treating illness and injury. Her perspective was radically changed after a patient was cured of a chronic, “incurable” condition with a simple change in belief.
In this episode of the Awake and Thriving Podcast, Dr. Elizabeth shares how she helps her patients change their beliefs towards their health and transform their bodies. She talks about how stress affects different body organs in different people but is usually first noticed by patient when skin issues develop.
Listen in to learn how you can align your emotions with your thoughts to be at the best of your health. You will also hear about all the resources that Dr. Elizabeth utilized when bridging from conventional medicine and how you can too.
“If we’re going to make people truly well, we need to embrace something different to eliminate those conditions rather than manage them.”- Elizabeth Hughes [33:32]
What you will learn:
· [0:31] Intro
· [1:13] Dr. Elizabeth narrates the story of the nonhealing wound of her patient and how that changed her view on medicine.
· [6:48] How your thoughts affect the functioning of your body and health in general.
· [9:28] How cortisol levels affect the immune system and how it might be caused by fear.
· [14:03] She describes the process she takes her patients through in their first visit which includes the beliefs about their health.
· [19:09] She explains the energy modality of PSYCH-K which is the method of belief changing and her first-hand experience with it.
· [23:38] How stress affects our entire body but is most commonly seen on the skin.
· [24:48] The different organ ‘alarm systems’ of how stress affects different people and how to use pain as a signal.
· [27:56] She talks about the resources that helped her in bridging from conventional medicine to how thoughts affect people’s health.
· [31:27] How her colleagues react to her way of treating patients. How she believes doctors should be different.
· [37:33] Learning how to align your emotions and feelings with your thoughts to be healthy.
· [41:06] Why she believes wellness means that you believe you’re healthy to your very core.
Get in Touch with Dr. Hughes on:
Business Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/elizabethhughesmd
Personal Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ecwhughes
Free guide: Outside-the-Box Self-Healing Secrets -- available on her website
· Mind Over Medicine by Lissa Rankin, MD
· The Biology of Belief by Bruce Liption, PhD
· The Molecules of Emotion by Candace Pert, PhD
· Your Survival Instinct is Killing You by Marc Schoen, PhD
· When th