Meet Victor Briere, the co-founder of the International Institute of Ayurveda. He’s a gifted pulse reader specializing in ayurvedic diagnostic techniques and health counseling.
In this episode of the Awake and Thriving Podcast, Andria speaks with Victor about the functions and benefits of ayurvedic medicine. He explains the meaning and functions of the Vagus Nerve and the various signals it carries from the digestive system to the brain and vice versa.
Listen in to learn how Ayurvedic medicine looks at the deeper causes of lifestyle diseases to completely heal them. You will also learn about the sympathetic nervous system and how it connects your digestive system to your brain.
“While we want instant gratification in our mind, our body takes time to rejuvenate, heal, and repair.”- Victor [5:51]
What you will learn:
· [1:00] Victor describes how Ayurvedic medicine deals with the whole body and its origin in ancient India.
· [3:18] The art of Ayurvedic medicine- staying outside the sphere of balance makes you sick.
· [4:58] How holistic medicine requires patience to allow the body to deeply heal and repair.
· [9:49] The very individualized management approach and what your first visit would look like.
· [14:41] Victor describes the lifestyle illnesses he usually encounters in ayurvedic practice and why.
· [18:04] The importance of making connection a priority both internally and physiologically today.
· [19:14] The functions of the Vagus Nerve and the effects of a prolonged sympathetic nervous system.
· [24:12] The difference between adrenal fatigue and the sympathetic nervous system.
· [27:01] How small issues in the body create anxiety and how to use holistic medicine to calm down.
· [33:39] How he performs pulse reading and other holistic techniques to get the right information.
· [42:37] The importance of matching your own body constitution and adhering to it to stay healthy.
· [45:42] Why society is continuing to get sick even with the massive technological advancement.
To order the book Pulse Unveiled, The Art and Science of Ayurvedic Pulse Reading
(School, education, workshops)